.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

pastorway

And He Himself gave some to be....evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ...
- Ephesians 4:11-12

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO www.timeintheword.org

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Hill Country of Texas

Pastor - Providence Reformed Baptist Church
Director - TIME in the Word Ministries

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Phillip's Phunnies: Separated at Birth - Challies Trio

A merry heart does good, like medicine... - Proverbs 17:22

Let me start by expressing my admiration and respect for Tim Challies.

While he is a Canadian, he remains the "world's most famous christian blogger." And if you have not already done so, please BUY AND READ his book The Discipline of Spiritual Discernment. I recommend the book first because it is a needed and important book for the church today. Beyond that, knowing that this blog post is at heart about humor I have to add that I recommend his book because I am quoted in the work and listed in the footnotes!! (no wonder some questioned his credentials)

Tim has been all over the blogosphere these last few days and so he was already on my mind. I have been reading about him and his book every day for a while now. As I was flipping through TV stations one night last week I saw a commercial for the movie City Slickers that was going to be showing and during the ad one of the actors in the movie caught my eye. I thought to myself, "Hey, that sure looks like Tim Challies."

While I admit that I have not met Tim face to face, I have seen him around on the internet and the likeness was such that I wondered if I was the first to see the similarities. Of course that meant that I simply had to post a separated at birth blog post (again, in honor of the master of the separated at birth posts, purgatorio, who is thankfully posting again).

So here we go.

The actor I saw was Daniel Stern, and, well, look here and see what I mean when I say that I found a separated at birth trio:

Tim Challies, Ray Comfort, and Kirk Cameron
Daniel Stern, Bruno Kirby, and Billy Crystal




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home